Many thanks to Donna Marie (you can find her blog here at http://iheartfilmblog.com/) for my Liebster Award nomination! I’m not usually very good at responding to these sorts of things, but due to a leak from the flat upstairs that has ruined my carpets/walls, I have plenty of free time on my hands! And please check out Donna’s blog!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Here are the answers to Donna Marie’s questions!
- What’s your favourite film and why?
A tough one, that’s for sure! The original Spider-Man was a revelation for me: as a long time fan of Spidey, I was almost too eager to see him on the big screen. And it didn’t let me down! Repeated viewings have shown me the various faults with the film, but I’ll never forget that first experience. Gladiator was a brilliant big screen experience, one I can watch over and over again. And let’s not forget The Empire Strikes Back, Robocop and The Terminator..
2. Tropical or Ski vacation?
Tropical, definitely! My skiing skills leave much to be desired.
3. What inspired you to start your blog?
I subscribed to the WWE Network (stay with me, all you wrestling haters!) and immediately found what WWE considered to be the Top 100 Matches on the WWE Network. Starting at the top, I wrote notes on the matches and thought I’d review them as well. Thus, this blog was born, incorporating reviews of WWE/NXT, films, TV Shows, and books…
4. What’s your favourite post?
Of my own? Well, my review of the original Star Wars (click here !) is something of which I’m particularly proud (being my 200th blog!). And also my thoughts on the work and psychology/philosophy behind Wes Craven’s films (click here) is also worth a read!
5. Pumpkin or Sweet Potato Pie?
I don’t believe I’ve tasted either!
6. Favourite animated film.
CGI animation, Toy Story. A perfectly crafted film. Normal animation, most definitely The Lion King. Far and away the greatest Disney film ever. But I still have Spirited Away to watch as well…
7. Where have you always wanted to visit but haven’t?
New York! Concrete jungle where dreams are made of…or so I’ve been told.
8. Your best day?
Proposing to my girlfriend at the top of the Eiffel Tower, getting a ‘yes’ and a standing ovation from a group behind us!
9. Dog or Cat?
10. Five blogs you follow?
11. Favorite cartoon?
Easily The Simpsons! But much love for Archer as well!
Here are 11 random facts about me:
- I gave up bread for six months this year
- I still have the toy Ghostbusters Fire Station HQ from my childhood!
- I once watched ‘Tropic Thunder’ three times in a row at the cinema with three different people. I’d promised each one I’d go to watch it with them…so had to pretend I’d never seen it with the latter two people!
- I once stayed up for a little over 72 hours…
- I create various scenarios for mine and my fiancee’s Lego sets (e.g. Elsa is threatening to hurl Anna off the top of the Frozen castle, and the Ghostbusters are coming to the rescue…)
- I spent over 80 hours in total playing on Fallout 3…
- At university, I had a massive collection of newspaper clipping covering my wall. I took a date back to my room…and never heard from her again!
- I enjoy conspiracy theories!
- I bought Billie Piper’s ‘Best Of’ Album during my period of infatuation with her…
- I wanted to be Bruce Lee in my teenage years!
- There is nothing I’d like more than to be a novelist!
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award…
And here are my 11 questions!
- Favourite film?
- Favourite director?
- Favourite video game?
- Favourite book?
- It’s takeaway night: fish and chips or pizza?
- Do you buy or download (illegally or not!) films/TV shows?
- Do you consider yourself a geek?
- Buy, Rent, Chuck: Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What’s your biggest achievement in life, thus far?
- Shower or bath?