Cinewander has nominated me for a Liebster Award! Check out Cinewander’s blog here: https://cinewanderr.wordpress.com/. Thanks, Cinewander!
This is how the nomination works:
- Thank the bloggers who nominated you, and answer the 11 questions by them.
- Nominate 11 bloggers of your own and include 11 questions you’d like your nominees to answer.
So, here are Cinewander’s questions (and my answers!):
- Which song/score would be the theme tune to the film of your life and why?
Is Radiohead’s ‘Creep’ a cliche?!?! Just joking! This is a tough one…Smashing Pumpkin’s ‘Zero,’ perhaps? It’s short, sweet and packs a punch. ‘Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanliness and cleanliness is godliness…and God is empty…just like me!’ Doesn’t describe me, but I always felt an affinity with the song.
2. You could only watch one film for the rest of your life, which film would it be?
It’s a draw between ‘The Empire Strikes Back’ and ‘Robocop.’ Actually, I’ll go with Robocop, as it hits all the bases: strong violence, great satire, a typical 80s vision of the future and endlessly quotable (Dead or alive, you’re coming with me!).
3. What is your favourite film with your favourite actor?
‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ with Tom Hardy. You’re guaranteed a great performance from Tom Hardy (let’s be honest, he’s the best part about ‘The Revenant’!). Yes, he plays second fiddle to Charlize Theron, but his scowls and grunts show us more than a chunk of dialogue ever could!
4. Who do you think is the worst film director ever?
Is Uwe Boll too easy an answer? I’ve seen a few of his films, and that is enough to put me off watching anything else by him. He barely knows how to frame a scene!
5. Sith Lord or Jedi Knight?
I’d love to say Sith Lord, but I felt bad enough trying to align with the Dark Side in Knights of the Old Republic! My conscience would only permit me to be a Jedi Knight…
6. What was the first film you watched at cinemas?
Ghostbusters II! I was four at the time, and ran out of the cinema in pure terror during the slime in the bathtub scene. It scarred me for life!
7. If you could be a character in any film franchise which would it be?
Luke Skywalker! What child didn’t want to be Luke Skywalker after seeing the Star Wars trilogy for the first time? You can move things with your mind, wield a cool lightsaber and use mind tricks!
8. A TV show that you wish would come back for a new series?
This time a few years ago I would have said ‘The X Files.’ But that came back and it was a disaster. Maybe ‘Caprica’? It was far too slow and drawn-out, but had lots of potential.
9. If you could give an Oscar to anyone who would it be and why?
Mickey Rourke! He fully deserved to win Best Actor for ‘The Wrestler’ back in 2009. He was Randy ‘The Ram’ Robinson. A crying shame.
10. Have you ever been to a comic-con?
No! It is on the ever-growing to-do list.
11. If you could meet anyone, alive or dead, real or fictional who would it be and why?
J.G. Ballard. He’s one of my favourite novellists. I think having a conversation with him would be illuminating, thrilling, disturbing, enchanting, hilarious, thought-provoking and arousing all at the same time.
Here are my nominations:
Here are my 11 questions:
- Tea or coffee (or neither?)?
- Favourite graphic novel?
- Do you collect anything?
- Digital or hard copy?
- What is the worst book you have ever read?
- Favourite Disney film?
- Who would you prefer to rule your country: Donald Trump or Alan Sugar?
How do you eat your Creme egg?What is your dream holiday?
- Could you construct a Lego set without the instructions?
- What film are you anticipating most in 2017?
- It’s the end of the world in ten minutes: how do you spend those ten minutes?
And thanks again to Cinewander for the nomination!